Monday, October 18, 2010

Massages and Nursery Rhymes

My mom and Michael came to visit this weekend.  Michael had a soccer game Saturday morning so we went to cheer on his team.  After the game, my mom, Chris and I went to USA Baby to order the nursery chair.  I can't believe I waited so long to order it.  I am glad I wasn't hasty since we decided on a completely different chair than the one I had picked out when we ordered our furniture in July.  I really wanted the brown swirly fabric but Chris wasn't a big fan and my mom convinced me that going with 100% cotton was a much better choice.  So we got the Rena chair in Bark; it's brown but has a little green in it.  The fabric is really thick so it should be durable through the years.  The chair is super comfy.  It feels like it has an extra pillow on it without having to deal with an extra pillow.  And it's big enough for me, baby and the two animals that will want to be a part of chair time I'm sure!  I can't wait for it to come in.  They told me 4-5 weeks which is really pushing it so hopefully it will be here before the baby.


After we ordered the chair, Chris went on to Norman to go to the OU game with Tonya, Anil and his dad...lucky!!  My mom and I ran to Wal-Mart to get some tubs and closet organizers so we could start on the baby's room.  We started organizing all the wonderful gifts I've received into piles.  It was nice to see the floor again.  We had tons of laundry to do and we had Michael take all the tags off the toys.  The toys alone filled up an entire bin.  It was so fun to hang out with my mom in nursery all evening.  We got so much done.

The next day we went to Renaissance Spa for a mid-morning massage.  I got to use my gift certificate from my girls at work to get a pregnancy massage.  Please sir, may I have some more??  It was absolutely amazing.  I got to lay on my belly on a specially designed pillow.  I would have laid there for the entire time...they didn't even have to give me a massage!  For the time I was on my belly I didn't feel pregnant at all.  It was amazing.  The massage was just the topper!  We plan on going back after the baby is born.

After our pampering, we went to Babies'R'Us and Target to exchange some duplicate items I received and get some new stuff.  Then we spent the rest of the day finishing up the nursery.  We were exhausted when we finished but it looks great and I'm so excited to finally have a real nursery.  Now I just need table lamps, curtains and something for the walls.  We're almost there!!

The decor on the hutch is still a work in progress
Such a cute drawer!
Blankies!
Got diapers?
Nice and Organized...for now!
Can't wait to read all these books to Baby Bright

Super soft blanket...I might steal it!
My mom found a crib skirt that matches perfectly

No comments:

Post a Comment