Thursday, October 21, 2010

37 weeks...Watermelon!!

Wow! 37 weeks...I can't believe it. Baby is term today and can arrive anytime between now and November 25th. So no matter what, we will meet Baby Bright within the next 5 weeks. Did I say I can't believe it yet?? I'm feeling fairly prepared but nervous of the unknown. We've had our classes, the nursery is ready for a baby and I'm most certainly ready to have my personal space back! Not that I haven't enjoyed every moment of carrying this little miracle and wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm just ready to meet baby and stop being pummeled from the inside out! I think BB is itching to get out as my pregnancy draws to a close. Sometimes I think s/he is going to pop right out of the front of my belly. This kid has one strong leg for sure. Thank goodness my ribs and lungs are intact. I'm very fortunate this baby has stayed curled in a little ball...I can't imagine the discomfort of a foot being shoved in my ribs considering how it feels when it's just pushing against my side. I am also very thankful I have had no swelling or stretch marks. I check every night thinking 'this will be the night I find the one little mark that will set off the hundreds to come'. But every night, much to my surprise I can't find any. And my belly button seems to want to stay pretty flat but we've got 3 weeks to go so we'll see about that one.

I started my third trimester still feeling great; coming off the high of the second trimester I suppose. But a few weeks in, boy did it hit me. I've never been so exhausted in my whole life. I could have slept for days considering just how tired I was. Making a baby really takes it out of you! And then the heartburn and backaches came. I feel sorry for Chris who deals with heartburn on a regular basis. I've been eating Tums like they were candy! And I've gotten much use out of my new heating pads. I'm glad I have one at work because there were a few weeks there I may not have made it without it!! My back has gotten a little better the last week or so and hopefully it stays that way.

My Braxton-Hicks contractions have definitely increased the last three weeks so I know my body is starting to prepare for labor. They don't hurt at all; they're just very strange. My belly gets as hard as a rock and all contorted for about a minute! I'm sure BB really appreciates them. I can't wait for the real thing...just one step closer to meeting baby.

So many things have happened in the last 3 months no wonder time has flown by. We still have a ton to do so thank goodness there are a few baby-free weekends left. I'm still baffled that it's almost over. It feels like yesterday we were still trying and now we're so close to meeting our little miracle.

Overall, my third trimester has been great...despite my complaining a little. I have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy and pray for the same in labor and delivery.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment