Saturday, October 9, 2010

Baby Shower, take two 10^9^10

From the day I told them I was pregnant, Aunt Janice and Amber have been so excited to throw a baby shower for Baby Bright and me. I requested 10/9/10 of course...you know me and my crazy number infatuation! I was so excited when I got the invitation in the mail. I absolutely loved the wording. It couldn't be more perfect. This day has been a long time coming and I'm so excited it's finally here. So Anna and I got on the road this morning and headed east bound. We had a great time chatting the whole way there and I am so glad she came with me. It really made the day even better. We stopped by Peek-a-boo baby in Tulsa and then had lunch at Panera. We got to the shower with little time to spare as we were still getting ready as people were showing up. Hey, I can be fashionably late to my own party right?? Aunt Janice and Amber did such an amazing job making the house welcoming to my guests. The food looked beautiful and was so tasty. The cake was adorable and matched the invitation perfectly.  It was so fun to get everyone together to shower Baby Bright with love.  After everyone grabbed some grub, we played the ribbon game.  It was funny to see how big everyone thought I was.  And let me tell you, some of those ladies are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!  As Tonya put it, she was measuring based on how big she thought I would get!  Aunt Kathy and Aunt Janice were the top two but Aunt Kathy was the closest.  I found it very interesting that the two winners had picked the pink ribbon for a girl...hmmm...is Baby Bright a girl??  Can't wait to find out.  After the ribbon game, I started opening presents.  Baby Bright received a ton of books and cute clothes and I got some fantastic essentials like my swing, bouncer, and travel system.  There were also some really cute items not found on my registry that I know Baby Bright will enjoy.  I had such a good time and I am so fortunate to have such wonderful women in my life.  I thank each and every one for coming to my shower, it means so much to know how loved my baby is already.

Thank you so much Amber and Aunt Janice for throwing such a fantastic baby shower.  I couldn't have asked for more.  You two are so sweet and there may not be anyone else, except my mom probably, that is more excited for Baby Bright's arrival.  We love you and thank you for showering us with so much love.



My lovely hostesses





Such cute decorations
Diaper Cake decorated by Toni
Fingerprint tree Toni made...she's so creative!

Baby Dylan, Toni and Cara
Jessi and Baby Collin
Boomer Baby!
Sweet littl pants Jessi knitted for Baby Bright
Nuf said...but we'll get a blue one if it's a boy
All set for the holidays
From Uncle Michael
Yay! Nursery decorations from Diana
Boy or a Girl, we're all set with cute socks!
From my ma...I've been waiting for this for a long time!
What a fabulous group of ladies I have in my life
Grands and Greats
Aunt Kathy
Nana and Gram (or Ma or not sure yet!)
Me and my Ma
GranNana and Great Oma
The GrAunts!
Belly kisses from Cousin Avery
Anna and me
Cara, Toni, Baby D and I
Presents Presents Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment