Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby Daddy

I don't even know where to begin with this post about my most fabulous husband. He has been so sweet my entire pregnancy. In the beginning he would make me food that I ended up not being able to eat then make me something else and keep trying until we found the stuff I could stand. He would make dinner and then do the dishes even when I said I would do them. I let me be lazy and put my feet up while he did a lot of the housework and heavy lifting. He would always bring me whatever I needed or make whatever my heart desired. He didn't care what it was so long as I was eating!

He has gone to every single doctor appointment (except one due to work) and has taken an active role in asking questions that I forget about. It's so reassuring to have him there. Then I don't have to relay information and get things wrong or forget to tell him something. I especially like that we get to hear the heartbeat together every time.

He was a little apprehensive about our Bradley courses but he settled right in and participated just like the other guys. I enjoyed our Tuesday nights together. It always sparked baby conversations of what ifs and thens, our hopes for labor and delivery, etc.

We have had so much fun preparing for our little one and I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else in the entire world. He is going to be to most wonderful daddy any child could hope for and I so look forward to the first moments when he gets to hold our little miracle. I know our lives will be changed forever with just one look into those big eyes.

I asked him to take me on one last date before the baby came so he took me to dinner and a movie this evening. We saw Life as We Know It...it was so cute, thanks for taking me to a chick flick babe! Then we went to Mahogany for dinner. My only request for this date was I wanted a steak so he decided we would go to Mahogany since that's where he asked me to marry him 4 years ago this December. I enjoyed telling our waitress why we were there. This is truly a special time in our lives and I'd shout it from the rooftops if I could!


Babe, I love you so very much and I am so excited about the new adventure we are about to embark on. Thank you for being there for me and putting up with me the last 9 months. I hope it was all worth it to you. You have been so sweet and supportive and I couldn't have asked for more. I can't wait to meet our little miracle. I love you and baby loves you too. Love, your baby momma!



1 comment: