Monday, January 31, 2011

Trip to Tulsa

We decided to make an impromptu trip to Tulsa to surprise my cousin Amber for her 25th birthday. She had called the day before to invite us expecting us to say we couldn’t make it on such short notice. I had talked to Chris and we thought it would be fun to trick her. So I told her we wouldn’t be making it in and that I hoped her birthday was ‘all it was cracked up to be’ knowing full well we would be seeing her in a few hours. When we got to her house, she was talking to Nana with her back to me so I walked up and stood behind her until she realized I was there. When she turned around she shot me a look like ‘I know who you are’ then a split second later, her look changed to ‘wait, you’re not supposed to be here’!! She screamed and gave me the biggest hug. At the same time my Nana saw I was there and she was so excited too. Pretty much everyone but Amber and Nana knew we were coming. It was such a fun surprise.





Saturday we went to see Grandma and Grandpa Sparkman. Unfortunately they were getting over colds so they couldn’t hold Jackson and I missed out on getting pictures and videos with them…till next time. I brought my family tree that Toni made for my baby shower. I decided that I wanted the men of the family to be on it as well so I was collecting finger prints. I think Grandpa enjoyed being a part of something that was going on Jackson’s nursery wall.

After our visit, we met my mom at Michael’s futsol game. It was a lot of fun to watch. It’s like indoor soccer but the field is half the size and you can’t use the walls. Michael’s team didn’t win but it was great to see all the footwork. We also got to show off Jackson to the mom’s on the team that saw me when I was very pregnant in August at “Beat the Heat” in Edmond.


That night, my mom baby sat Jackson so Chris and I could meet up with our friends at Cigar Box. We hadn’t seen anyone in so long and it was great to catch up. I’m so sad I didn’t get any pictures with everyone. Kylie and I ran next door to Paradox and grabbed a late second dinner together. We had a great time minus the fact it was so loud we had to yell at each other. After we ate, we all went over to Nate’s house where a poker game ensued. Chris and I had enjoyed hanging out with everyone and Jackson was great for my mom so I know we’ll be able to go out in the future with no problems.

Sunday I ran over to my dad’s house so he and Teri could see how much Jackson had grown since Christmas. They had a good time watching him during some tummy time and trying to sit up with a little bit of assistance. My dad couldn’t believe how strong he has gotten in just 4 weeks.






On the way out of town, we stopped by to see Grandma and Grandpa Bright. They enjoyed watching him smile and coo up a storm. We got some great video and pictures. They call him Little Felix and I can tell they are so proud of their great grandson.






We had such a wonderful trip. We got to see so many of our friends and family in a very short period of time. I vote for 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment