Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nursery Rhymes

We’ve had our furniture for almost a month now. I still can’t believe it came in so fast. We finally had a weekend free so we started the transformation. Since we are losing one of our guest rooms, we moved the queen mattress to the other room. That room is really small!! There’s even less floor space than before. Oh well, guest rooms are for sleeping anyway. Plus I wasn’t excited about losing a queen bed and only having a full size guest room. I know what it’s like to go from sleeping in a king to a full…not fun! So now the “new and improved” guest room is put together although we need to change the décor a bit…surprise surprise Chris isn’t a fan of what’s in there. On to the baby’s room! The dresser, hutch and nightstands were already put together so those pieces have been in there since we got the furniture. All we had to do was put the crib together. It went fairly well. Chris popped me in the eye on accident at one point but no pain no gain! It took about an hour from start to finish and I absolutely love it. I finally got to put on my bedding that’s been sitting in the closet for 7 months! It’s so cute. Unfortunately I had to lower the mattress to the second level for the bumper to fit which might prove difficult when trying to lay down a sleeping baby without throwing them in so we’ll see how that goes! That bumper might be the end of me! I need someone that can tie bows well to make it nice and pretty but it fits. The ties are in weird spots for where the rails are on the bed but it’ll be fine. We won’t have the bumper in there forever. So now I just have to make a bed skirt…I still find it crazy that they didn’t make a bed skirt to go with this bedding and I have to have one. You can see the metal frame that holds up the mattress support and I can’t handle that! So my mom is going to come down and help me. I think we’ll take the quilt to Hobster Lobster and find fabric to match. My sewing machine will finally get some use! Now I need to figure out the other décor. I need to find a chair, lamp, curtains, and things for the shelves on the hutch (what's there now will change) and something for the walls. Wow, we have a lot of work to do! We’re moving the crib to the wall on the right and putting the chair and nightstand in the left corner. The other nightstand will more than likely take a trip to the attic until we turn it into a full size bed but we’ll see.

I love the angle but we need the room for the chair on the left
Dresser/Hutch combo with chagning pad (the hutch is lighted)
Peter Rabbit Bedding finally in place!
Floor Plan
This is the chair I have my eye on
I really like the pattern but Chris isn't sold on it yet
I'm thinking about Latte but I really like the chocolate and lime too
I LOVE this idea...but doing the baby's name or initials instead?
Here's an idea of what it would look it (minus the purple in the middle)
So it’s a start and I’m so excited it’s finally put together. I’ve been waiting for this part for a long time. Now we just need a baby to fill the room with laughter and we’re set!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your new furniture! It is so pretty and classy. I think it was brilliant to get the nightstands, one for later and one next to the chair - great idea! The dresser/hutch is awesome...so much storage and room to display fun things :) I wish I had more flat surfaces to put up cutesy stuff! The bolster around the bed looks so cushy and nice - baby B will love it <3

    I really like the set up you have in the foor-plan. Stinks you have to cover the window with the dresser, but it looks like its not by too much. The chair in the corner is great. I love that look (as you know by Dylan's room!)

    The chair you picked out is too cute! I vote no bone though - you need some color in the room girlie!! The green and blue are both really pretty and still subtle colors that won't overwhelm the room.

    The frames are awesome!!! I think you should do baby's name!!I love the idea of mixing and matching frames! You could even paint one wall in the nursery for accent and the color would look really cool behind the frames.

    Love it honey - can't wait to see what else you do :)

    p.s. I've perfected the tiny bows...I'll come give you a hand!

    ReplyDelete