Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby's first toy!

I received a coupon from Babies'R'Us for 20% off one item...how could I pass that up!  I wanted to buy something fun that had to be put together and was kind of pricey.  I see no point in saving $6 on a $30 purhcase when there are far more expensive items I can choose from.  So off to the store we went.  We looked and looked and looked.  How could we possibly not find anything to buy!  Our original thought was to buy a second carrier and base for Chris' truck but Anil suggested we buy the second base and wait to see if we actually need the second carrier.  I'd much prefer to buy the second carrier with the base than spend the money on the base and need the carrier in the future.  I suppose I could always leave the third base in my mom's car so it'll work out whatever happens.  So our options were a high chair, bouncer, swing or activity gym/exersaucer.  I really thought we'd end up with a high chair but as we played around with what they had in stock, we were less than impressed.  So no on that.  BRU doesn't have the bouncer we regeistered for (that's at Target) and I really didn't like any in stock, so agian, no on that!  They also didn't have the swing we registered for which is fine because I'm not sure if I want the one I picked out anyway.  Like I said, how could we not find something, anything, to spend money on!!  We finally settled on the Evenflo ExerSaucer.  Although I think it's a pretty good item to leave on the registry, it was the best option for us to save 20% on.  We also had a little bit left on a BRU gift card plus I found a Simon gift card in my wallet, so all in all, we paid about $28!  Plus we got two more, 'save 20% coupons' at the register.  Yay!

We went to Sandhya's birthday dinner so we didn't get home until 10:30 and the ExerSaucer was the first thing on my mind when we got home.  I was so excited to put it together.  There were almost 50 parts I think!


The first stage, which is 0-3 months waw super easy to put together. It's so cute. I can just imagine Baby Bright laying on the mat staring up at the toy bar, kicking its little legs in excitement.


The second stage was a bit harder to assemble though not terrible.  There were 4 legs, so I did 2 and Chris did 2...it was a team effort.  Even Tigger wanted to help!



When it was all done, I was so proud!  I know, nerd!  It was so fun to put together our first toy for the baby.  Now we have something in the house that makes it look like we're having a baby.


Once baby is walking, we can turn it into an activity table so we should have this toy for quite some time.


It has 11 age-appropriate toys and fun music to help baby achieve 10 developmental milestones such as fine motor skills, object exploration, tactile development and more.  I can't wait to see BB in action!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute!! I love how it turns into an activity table...and tummy time mat! Super cool! We got ours this weekend :) your post made me laugh, I have a picture of Chloe in the box too...I swear she is part cat!
    Can't wait to have a playdate and watch our little ones Exersaucer together :)

    ReplyDelete