Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We see you!!

Our big ultrasound was today! I was so anxious to see what baby Bright looked like now. We got to the doctor’s office and signed in. The lady at the front desk had me fill out some paperwork and said if the baby cooperated, we would be able to find out what the gender was. I immediately said, we don’t want to know! So she said she would write a note on the chart but to be safe we should tell the sonographer right away. The tech finally came to call us back. I was so excited. She was adorable and was excited we weren’t finding out the gender. She said we would call baby Bright a he throughout the exam. We got started and she looked at the heart first. I’m no doctor but it looked good to me!! It was beating strong at 160 bpm and we got to see the 4 chambers pumping. Then we got to hear the heartbeat again. I’ll never tire of that sound! She moved to the head and measured across and around and each side of the brain. Baby Bright put his hands above his head; I think he was saying hey, stay away from my head! She showed us the lips but didn’t get a good view of the face. Then she went on to measure the arms, hands, legs and feet. We still have 10 toes!!  At the very last second baby Bright threw his legs up and it would have been so easy to say, hey, let's swing on around there and see what this baby is!  But we didn't and it will be such a wonderful surprise! It was amazing to watch baby Bright move around during the ultrasound. I could have stayed all day if they’d let me. It was over before I knew it but we had some great pictures to take home and enjoy. We will do a 3D/4D ultrasound in August so I can’t wait to be able to really see Baby Bright’s sweet face!
Sweet Profile

Left Foot

Right Foot

Left Hand...ET phone home...

Bottom's Up!

7 weeks ... 11 weeks ... 18 weeks

IT'S A TRUE MIRACLE!

1 comment:

  1. Dear beautiful Baby Bright, you are the screen saver on my phone! Actually replaced Bear, now that is something special!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete