Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little pregnancy survey to pass the time...

Name: April Michelle

Birthdate: 4/6/82

Current Age: 28

Height: 5'1"

Weight before pregnancy: 105

Current Weight: 110

Partner's Name: Christopher Lynn

Partner's Birthdate: 9/27/80

Partner's Age: 29

Partner's Height: 5’4”

When did you find out you were pregnant? March 7th

What was your reaction? I was in disbelief. I thought I was imaging the incredibly light pink line on the test! It took a couple of days for it to set in and for the line to get darker...I took about 10 tests!!

Who did you tell first about the pregnancy? Chris

Date of Conception? 2/21/10

Due Date? 11/11/10

Was the pregnancy planned? Most certainly. Took us 6 months, but this is the baby we were meant to have and I can’t wait to meet him/her.

How did your parents react? My mom thought I was joking around; she is very excited! My dad had the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on his face!

How did your partner's parents react? His mom knew it! His dad was very excited!

Did you go to the doctor yet? Many times now, every four weeks since 3/26

Did you have your first ultrasound? We’ve had 3 so far! One at 7 weeks, baby was a tiny dot. The next at 11 weeks, baby has 10 toes! And another at 18 weeks, baby is getting big!

Do you know the sex? Boy or Girl? We’re not finding out for another 20 weeks! I think it’s a boy. :O)

How is the baby's movement? Constant! There are lots of rolls and kicks.

How is the baby's heartbeat? Fast…160 bpm

Baby's name? None really. We like Lacey Lynn for a girl and pretty much nothing for a boy! We have some work to do.

Who do you think the baby will look like? I’m hoping for the Bright nose, daddy’s small ears but my detached earlobes, my eyes and daddy’s smile.

Mom-to-be's favorite foods? Don’t really have a favorite food, just trying to eat healthy and get lots of protein.

Mom-to-be's latest cravings? Not really having any cravings. I will always eat a bag of Cheetos or an Auntie Anne’s Cinnamon Sugar pretzel if you bring me one!

Mom-to-be's latest "mom" moment? I excused some teenagers for cursing in front of my 5 year old niece.

What was the first change you noticed in your body? The ladies were extremely sore and getting bigger!

What was the latest change in your body? My belly exploded onto the scene!

What is your sleep schedule? Not good; 6-7 hours of sleep a night and a nap when I have time.  I know I would have a ton more energy if I'd get more sleep.

What is your work schedule? 8-5 5 days a week, unless it’s month end, then I’m usually there until about 6.

What is the last thing you bought for the baby? Diapers; we’re buying a package every time we go to the store.

What was the last thing you bought for yourself? Clothes since mine are starting to get tight.

Planned birth place? OU Medical Center in OKC; I'm very excited since I know 2 ladies that have delievered naturally there and 2 other couples in our bradley class are delivering there using Ann as well.

Who will be in the room with you? Not sure yet; defiantly Chris because he’s my labor coach, but maybe my mom, his mom and my nana. And Tonya if Chris needs a break from coaching if she’ll have me!

Are you scared? Are you going to use drugs? Scared of the unknown, but I think I'll be okay and No sir, No drugs!!

How do you think you will react? I think I'll be relieved and happier than I've ever been. And of course I will ball my eyes out!

How do you think your partner will react? I think he'll fall in love at first sight.

Have you started birthing classes? Yes, we’re on our 4th Bradley class; 8 more to go.

What is the nursery theme? Nothing so far; simple and traditional I suppose. We have the Peter Rabbit bedding but I don’t want the whole room decked out in rabbits!

Are you going to breastfeed? Absolutely; it’s the best nutrition for a new baby and the bonding experience is beyond compare. Hopefully I can for at least a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment