Thursday, April 15, 2010

Telling his Grandparents

Since we weren't in Tulsa on Easter, we had to wait yet another weekend to spread the news.  Both of Chris' grandparents were still in the dark.  Jim and Arlynda were under strict orders to keep it hush hush.  So Saturday, we drove to Jenks and Grandma and Grandpa Sparkman were at the office.  They were so excited we stopped by.  We told them we were in the area and saw they were there and decided to pop in.  We chatted for a little bit and then Chris handed them the sonogram and said, April's pregnant!  They both had huge smiles and just stared at the picture.  Grandpa turned to me and said congratulations and Grandma asked when we were due and I told them 11/11, November 11th.  Then his Grandpa said well, the girls will be at the right age to really enjoy a baby.  hehe.  After that, I took a nap on the couch!!  Have I mentioned I'm exhausted!  I definitely don't get enough sleep.  Then we took a couple of pictures to remember the moment! In the first picture, Grandpa wasn't smiling at all. He looked like he was in one of those old time photos where you had to stand for an hour so no one smiled!  Then we tried again and he talked right as the picture was taken (see below).  Then we tried again and got part of a smile but I like this one the best so I picked it to post.

Then we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Bright's to deliver the news. Oh, and how many Jenks police officers does it take to change a tire?  How about 3!  Sheesh.

We got to Sapulpa and Grandpa Bright was out working on his tractor.  He's so stinkin cute!  Grandma was doing the dishes so I'm pretty sure we were a pleasant surprise.  We sat at the kitchen table and chatted for a little bit.  Then Chris handed Grandma the sonogram and said April's pregnant...she's about 9 weeks!  Grandma laughed and clapped and smiled and Grandpa was all smiles too. I was recording the whole thing and Grandma didn't realize so she sat there thinking her picture was going to be taken.  Oh how I love doing that to people! Then Chris said, she is recording and she laughed out loud.  She asked if we knew what we were having and Chris said we didn't know if we were going to find out at all and Grandpa said, it's probably a baby...oh those Bright boys, how they love to joke! Then we told them the due date and Grandpa said, then your trouble starts!  We had a great time chatting about kids and they are hoping for a boy too. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Your family is huge!! I'm so happy all the reveals went great!! I bet you are ready to tell the rest of the world...I know I'm dying to be able to chat openly with you!!
    Love you sweets!

    ReplyDelete