Monday, April 5, 2010

Telling his family

We had planned on telling his parents the weekend my mom found out, but no such luck.  Arlynda was at the lake and Jim was on the station.  So, we changed our plans and decided to tell them on Easter along with Tonya, Anil and the girls.  We went to Easter service with the family and then went back to Tonya's for lunch.  It was such a beautiful day so we got to eat outside.  After lunch, we were just chatting and Jim had just come back outside from getting a band-aid for Kaly.  So Chris handed Arlynda a gold box, and then Jim proceeded to go back inside!!  There was no stopping this process and I think Arlynda knew right when Chris handed her the box what was going on.  He said it was a late birthday present but she wasn't buying it!  So she untied the ribbon and inside was a card that read "You're expecting a Grandchild!".  She said "I knew it, I knew it.  I knew last weekend...I told Jim, Chris and April never stop in to see us, so she just has to be pregnant." We were all smiles. Under the card were two heart shaped picture frames with the sonograms in them.  One said Nana (warms the heart and soul) and the other said Papa (makes everything fun).  Then Jim FINALLY came back outside and Arlynda said, "well, you missed the big reveal".  I can't remember exactly what he said (Chris didn't record this reaction to the news at all...sad), but he said something along the lines of That's good news, congrats, etc.  Tonya gave me a hug and both her and Anil said congrats.  We told the girls they were going to have a baby cousin and all Sandyha could say was, we already have one, Kavela!!  Silly girl.  So I told her I would return this baby cousin if she didn't want it.  She said it was alright to keep it...thanks for the blessing!  It was cute!  Then we had birthday cake and I got some great presents.  It was a perfect day and so fun to be able to tell family on Easter.

It's so nice to finally have told some more people!  It's fun that Tonya knows because she will be so supportive when I need advice or just to chat.  She has already let me borrow most of her maternity clothes (though I can't quite wear them yet!) and a few books. It will be so fun for our kids to grow up together.  I am most excited about the next 20 years at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment