Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bangers and Mash

We went to Kilkenny's Irish Pub on Cherry Street in Tulsa for my birthday dinner with all our friends on Saturday, April 10th. There were 21 of us in all! I have the most wonderful friends. I couldn't ask for better people to have in my life and share in celebrations we all have throughout the year. Dinner was really good and I hope everyone had a great time. I was so nervous for the news I was about to share! Amber and Neil and Annahita and Bob Gomez (names changed to protect the innocent, the rest of you are just screwed!) were the only people that knew going into the restaurant and soon, everyone leaving would finally know!! I wanted a group photo, which is not out of the ordinary if you know our group, so it was the perfect opportunity. I have had this planned since January and this was my last chance where we would all be getting together for a while so it worked out perfectly. I asked the hostess (a girl whom I thought would be a good picture taker) if she wouldn't mind to take a few pictures. I told her that right before the "fun" picture, I was going to tell everyone I was pregnant. So, everyone gathered together and she took a few pictures with Toni's camera (which she had problems with because she didn't understand you push down halfway and then full to take the picture...duh!!). So, right then, I knew my plan was not going to work out exactly as I wanted. I should have set the camera on the timer and told her to her it still! Anyway, she took two pictures with my camera and it was time!! So I said, alright everyone, let's do a fun one...count us down! 3...2...1... and I said, Hey guys, we're PREGNANT! No one moved!!!!! I couldn't believe it; did the words not come out of my mouth??? Finally I got some, "what did she say", "is she serious", and my personal favorite from Cara, "get the f^*$ out!"  (Check out Toni's facial expression in the second picture...I love it!) I turned around to Toni and said, yes, I'm pregnant! Finally it caught on and we got tons of congrats and hugs from everyone. Some people thought I was just trying to get them to smile at the camera! I was shaking like a leaf!! I'm so glad our friends are finally in the loop! Of course, they were all under strict orders to keep it hush hush until I posted on facebook. And thanks to all of them for keeping their promise (I know of at least one person I told...not a part of this fabulous group...already blabbing it to someone else so I guess I'm lucky more people didn't find out early). After the picture fiasco, I sat with Toni, Jessie, Devan, Kylie and Anna and told them about my first few weeks. Toni was squirming around the whole time! It was so cute. I told her, to put it in perspective, that the very week before when she was 31 weeks, I had 31 weeks to go! November is such a long way away!!







Dave and Kylie...the newlyweds...so glad you could make it!
Nate and Sily...so sad we won't be making it to your wedding! We love your countdown!
Tommy and Jessie...we got you out of the house!! Thank you for the cute green slippers!
Cara, Jared, Toni and Ryan...so much has changed since Mexico!!
Toni and me...she got me frog tape and a cow that grows grass from his head!
Mommy's and Daddy's-to-be
So, the night was perfect and all that I could have asked for. Thanks to all of our amazing friends for coming to celebrate my birthday and our wonderful news. What a fantastic birthday it has been. Being able to spread the news to our loved ones over the last few weeks has been the best birthday present I could ever wish for. Now when I blow out the candles on my cake, I can wish for a healthy baby and a happy family!
<3

2 comments:

  1. Omigoodness... Why are Steven and I the ONLY ones who thought that was a legitimate "funny" picture???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the best part! haha

    ReplyDelete