Wednesday, April 21, 2010

11 week ultrasound

We had an ultrasound today at A Glimpse Before and After. It was absolutely amazing. Our first ultrasound with our doctor just showed a tiny ball of baby; that was at 7 weeks. It is unreal how much the baby has grown (and looks like a baby!) in just 4 weeks. I can't imagine what he will look like in June!

The tech was so sweet and excited that I was so early. She doesn't normally get to see babies that small. The room was cute; it had a big couch for people who were bringing their families and a comfy little bed for me and a chair for daddy. There was a flat screen TV in the corner and then a huge projector screen right in front of the bed. She put the goo on...it was nice and warm...I can imagine cold goo being terrible! And then, there came the baby! I was in shock. I didn't really know what we were going to be able to see but it was a baby clear as day. It was moving its little arms and legs all around. At first it was curled up into a little ball, and then it stretched out. We also got to hear the heartbeat...totally amazing. It was so fast. We go in Friday to the doctor to hear it again so we'll find out the BPM. Our session was only 20 minutes (though I think we were in there less than that) and we were only supposed to get 4 pictures, but we got 6 instead. At one point I could see 5 toes on the foot that we could see! I could count them over and over again! We also got to see the arms. She tilted one way and we could see the left arm and then she tilted the other way and the dimension changed and we could see the right arm. Technology is amazing! I am so glad I have these early pictures of our little baby.






This is the picture I can see the five toes in

My sweet baby has stolen my heart right out from under me. How can you love something so unconditionally that you haven't even met yet? Pregnancy is already amazing and I have so far to go (204 days to be exact!). I love this baby so much already. I am so lucky to be given this miracle of life and be chosen to be this baby's mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Now you see why "I love you to the moon!" turned into "I love you to infinity!!!!"

    ReplyDelete