Sunday, February 27, 2011

Presenting Mr & Mrs Glover

Saturday we drove down to Marlow for Brandy and Stephen's wedding.  Brandy is one of my dear friends from Paycom and I was so excited to see her and be there for her wedding.  The drive down was great.  Jackson slept the entire time so I thought he would be an angel during the ceremony.  If only!  We didn't get there in time for me to feed him and the bottle we had was ice cold.  He lasted a whole 6 minutes!!  Of course he started to cry during the silence between one song and another; and everybody turned to look at us...eek.  Chris whisked him out as I chucked the bottle into the carrier.  He used the hot water from the coffee machine to heat the bottle...MacGyver dad...and they stayed in the lobby for the remainder of the service.  Being a Catholic wedding, there was a full mass plus exchanging of vows and rings so it was longer than most weddings and I was sad to have been sitting alone. The service was so nice, minus the incense...my only issue with the Catholic Church...it was SO strong.  I very much enjoyed the mass as I had never been to a Catholic wedding before.  Brandy looked beautiful in her gown and she nearly brought me to tears as she recited her vows.  Can I get married again!! (Chris says no by the way...I'll get him one of these days!)

After the service, I scooped up Jackson and went to find my Paycom Buddies.  John, a sales rep turned manager of the OKC office (go John!) was in the reception line.  He immediately tried to take Jackson from me but I told him I get a hug first!  I'm telling you, when you have a baby, you no longer matter.  You are just the transportation!  He couldn't believe how big Jackson was getting.  When we got to Brandy and she took Jackson right away.  I warned her of his drool and she didn't mind.  What a trooper.  Then I went to find Stacie and John.  I hadn't seen Stacie for months and she really couldn't believe how big Jackson was.  The last time she saw him, he was only 6 weeks old.  We chatted for a while and got to take some pictures with Brandy.  It was so nice to catch up with them.  Jackson thought Stacie was very comfortable because he fell asleep swaying in her arms...hmm, can we say babysitter!!

To Brandy and Stephen: May the faith and love that you found in each other be a stronger bond every day. May you live in the Lord always and walk beside Him on your way. Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment