Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Chris and I didn’t really make any plans for Valentine’s Day this year so I decided I would make them myself.  Jackson and I spent the day doing laundry and getting ready for our surprise dinner with daddy. I told Chris to message me when he was on his way home and not to come home early.  I was hoping he wouldn’t catch on to my scheme.  I emailed Kelley, one of Chris’ coworkers, and asked her to tell me if Chris left work early and that Jackson and I would be at the office by 4:30.  When we got there, Chris was very surprised.  It was so much fun.  He got to parade Jackson around and everyone thought he was pretty cute.

We went to Zio’s for dinner courtesy of Aunt Janice.  She had given us a gift card for Christmas plus we had the one she gave us the year before so we went all out!  We had a great time and it was nice that we were able to get out on Valentine’s Day after all.  Jackson was a dream at dinner. 

When we got home, I got lots of presents.  Neo got me a small box of chocolates, Tigger got me a bag of Reese’s PB cup minis, Jackson got me bananas, oranges and apples and finally, Chris got me a Vac-then-Steam.  Yes, I am totally lame and old since I asked for cleaning tools for Valentine’s Day!!  I got some really great cards too.  It’s so fun that I get cards from Jackson now.

Jackson also gave me the best Valentine's present a mommy could ask for...he rolled from his back to his tummy all by himself!  I couldn't believe it.  It was too perfect.  he knew exactly what I wanted.

We had such a fantastic Love Day.  I love my boys so very much and I am so glad we got to spend a wonderful night together.




By the way, Jackson weighed 14 pounds on the 14th of February! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment