Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

My birthday was extra special this year because I now understand the importance and true meaning of birthdays since having Jackson.  His birthday was the most awesome day of my life.  My mom has always made a big deal out of my birthday and now I get it!  It's the day life is given and everything is new.  It's like a blooming flower. I am so lucky to be a stay at home mom so I could spend my special day with my son and my mom.

I was born at 12:10 pm on April 6th, 1982.  My mom was in labor for over 12 hours and delivered me naturally.  She tells me my birth story every year.  She was working on the curtains for my bedroom when she went into labor.  It was so cold but her feet were swollen she had to wear flip flops to the hospital! Of course back then, no one knew what they were having but since the day she found out she was pregnant, she knew I was a girl so it was no surprise when I was born at 12:10 that the doctor said "It's a Girl!"  I weighed 8 pounds and was 20 1/2 inches long.
My Nana with me right after I was born (my fav picture)
It has been many many years since my mom and I have been able to spend my birthday together because I was always in school or at work so I was very excited this year to have the opportunity to be with her.  She drove down from Tulsa Wednesday morning and I told her she had to be here in time.  We were going to the zoo and we wanted to take a picture together at 12:10 pm.  She arrived around 11 with cupcakes in tow!  What a fun surprise.  She also got me a Joby GorillaPod for my camera.  I had seen them before and thought they were so cool so it was a really neat present. I think it will be awesome to use with Jackson so I don't have to breakout my big tripod.  After I opened my present and checked out the yummy cupcakes from Gigi's Cupcakes, we hurried out the door to make it to the zoo by noon.  We parked and headed to the Zoo Friends Member entrance. We got in at 12:05 and had a nice lady take our picture.  Then we had our own little photo session at 12:10.  It was so fun to be together...Happy Birthday me!!  We spent the rest of the afternoon wondering around the zoo...enjoy our pictures.

12:10pm...I'm officially 29 years old!

 

Later that evening, Chris took me to the Thunder game against the LA Clippers.  It was really cool to see Blake Griffin in action (he played for OU during his college career and he is amazing).  We had a great time together but man was I exhausted!!


When we got home, I got to open my presents from Chris and Jackson.  I got a Nap Travel Pillow for the nursery and trips to Tulsa, a TheraSpa Turbo Brookstone Massager (which I promptly used on my aching feet!) and the Zumba Wii game (gotta get rid of this baby belly!).  After that, I got to rock my sweet baby to sleep.  What a perfect birthday if I don't say so myself!



Cupcakes!!
What's inside?
A Birthday Surprise from my mom!!
Birthday Surprise
Southern Comfort...this was the BEST ONE!
Wedding Cake
Banana Split
Chocolate Salted Caramel
Banana Cream Pie
Birthday Card from my Mom...I love it!
My mom and I split this one on my Birthday


{Who says you can't celebrate more than one day}
 
Thursday, March 31st...we went to dinner with Jim, Arlynda, Tonya, Anil and the girls to co-celebrate Arlynda's birthday and my birthday.  We went to Cheddar's and it was PACKED!  I couldn't believe it...for a Thursday night, it was crazy.  Dinner was good and we enjoyed chatting with everyone.  Jackson was pretty good but got cranky towards the end so I took him over to the fish tank and he loved looking at all the fish swimming around. Then I rocked him to sleep and he slept in his carrier while we opened presents and ate the largest slice of cake I've ever seen.  For my birthday, Arlynda said they wanted to get me a porch swing for my backyard.  I am very excited about spending time outside with Jackson.  I know we will read lots of books and spend lots of time cuddling on our new swing.  I can't wait to get it.
 
Saturday, April 2nd...we went to my Grandmother's house for birthday dinner for my brother Jud and me.  Unfortunately Jud didn't make it until 9:30 or so but I'm glad he finally got to meet his nephew. We had a yummy dinner prepared by my Aunt Jan...bacon wrapped chicken breast baked in cream of mushroom soup.  The chicken was so moist and tasted so good.  We all had a great time catching up over dinner and all enjoyed Grandmother's chocolate cake with white icing.  I sucked at blowing out my candles although, Jud was supposed to be there to help me out! And a side note, Jackson had his first taste of ice cream courtesy of Aunt Jan!  I was serving cake and looked up to see a spoon of ice cream meeting my son's mouth...I screamed NOOOO!!!  She didn't know he wasn't supposed to have cow's milk until he was at least a year old so lucky Jackson! It will be a story we will retell for years to come..."remember that time when Aunt Jan gave Jackson ice cream?"!!  Jackson didn't have a good nap during the day, so he wasn't exactly on his best behavior.  By the time we left, he was done!  Everyone had a fun time watching him play on the floor anyway.  I got a cute bunny apron from my Aunt Jan that I will be using while we dye Easter eggs with Jackson along with some cash from Grandmother and dad & Jud got me a neat coffee mug.  I already used my money to buy some nursing shirts so I am very excited since my wardrobe has taken a left turn and I don't have much nursing friendly attire!  So thanks dad and Grandmother!
 

2 comments:

  1. Okay! I am officially following your blog. Love the post. Those cupcakes looks delicious! Are they from a place in Tulsa? Once I'm done nursing I'm going to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I enjoyed writing it. Glad to know you're following too. The cupcake place is actually right down the road from me (on May) so let me know when you can go and I'll come have a cupcake with you!!

    ReplyDelete