Monday, September 6, 2010

Nesting: Phase One


I guess you have to start from the outside in to get ready for a baby. We were in much need of planting some flowers in the front yard before the homeowners association came to kick us out! So we spent the day in the yard planting quite the array of flowers and shrubs. Once I got the bulk of what we bought planted in the middle island, I had my Papa’s pansies left. Pansies were his favorite and my mom and I would plant some in his yard every September for his birthday. So I have done the same thing in my yard since his passing 3 years ago. This year was a bit sadder than previous years since I’m pregnant. He passed two months before I got married and now he won’t get to meet his great grand baby. I know he would be so proud of Chris and me for our accomplishments and so excited for a new baby. So BB and I sat there staring at the unplanted pansies and thinking about Papa for 15 minutes or so. My mom was on her way home from Michael’s soccer tournament in Texas to get Bear so I knew if I sat there long enough, she would come save the day and help me plant Papa’s pansies. And it worked….here she came down the road! I was so excited to get to plant them with her. After, I got to show her the nursery since she hadn’t seen it since we put the crib together. She loves it…of course! We talked about the bed skirt a little too. I can’t wait to get that project under way. So as my neighbor put it, we’re in nesting phase 1! We’re getting ready for you little one.



Papa's Pansies

No comments:

Post a Comment