Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Miracle Within

I couldn’t resist having a 3D/4D ultrasound even though they are pretty pricey. I noticed when we were buying our furniture that we would get 30% off at A Miracle Within Ultrasound if we brought our receipt totaling more than $50 from USA Baby…we certainly met that requirement! So I scheduled the appointment for the Platinum package. We were the last appointment of the day which was good since BB didn’t seem to want to cooperate…but isn’t that how it usually goes. The tech was so sweet and excited we had decided to keep the gender a secret. She explained how the technology worked and applied the warm goo and there was little Baby Bright. It was amazing to finally get to see our baby’s face. And I always feel better after an ultrasound…it’s really still in there and looks good! We watched as BB moved its face and hands back and forth. And then came the foot! We were battling against all odds to get a clear picture of the face. Both hands, the left foot AND a loop of the cord was around the face practically the whole time. The tech was bound and determined! She poked and prodded and shook and pushed on my belly to get that silly foot to move. She turned me to the side and then to my back again. We got quite a few really good shots but they took some coercing to get! I think BB looks a lot like daddy which I am very happy about…he’s so cute ;). I was really hoping for the Bright nose and I think we’ve got it! It was so strange to see the eyes blink and the baby yawn. You just think its eyes and mouth are closed and it’s always sleeping but it’s not (and I should know that anyway for all the pummeling I’m getting from the inside out!). At one point BB seemed to be scowling as I’m sure the poking and prodding wasn’t too fun in its opinion either! The appointment was only supposed to last 30 minutes but since we were the last appointment of the day and BB was being very uncooperative, the tech let us go over. At the very end, she made her way down (well, up since baby’s head is down…yay). We turned away so the gender could be on our video. She also took a picture to mail to us after the baby is born. She either wrote “It’s a Boy” or “It’s a Girl” on the photo. I can’t wait to get it…how fun. She was so funny…she kept saying don’t look, okay really don’t look. Of course, no surprise here, BB was sitting on its right leg so it took her a minute to get the baby to move a little so she could get a good shot. So now, the tech and God are the only two that know the gender of this baby! We have the video in our TV cabinet and could find out the gender at any time if we wanted but don't worry, we won't watch it until we get home from the hospital. We’ve made it this far but I have to say, some days are hard and I just want to know. I’ve had a few people say they will watch it for me even…they are not allowed over to my house now! So enjoy the pictures of BB…can’t wait to see your face and see if you really have daddy’s nose.
what a sweet little face
blowing kisses
you can see the bones in the hand...amazing
freddie munster? :) the black part isn't hair btw
yaaaaawn!
flex that muscle!
peace out ya'll...see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment