Monday, November 21, 2011

Much Ado About Broken Arrow {Nov 2011}


On the 16th, my mom drove to Edmond to pick me up so I could go back to Tulsa early. The next day was my brother's 16th birthday! I can't believe he is growing up so fast and I was excited to be able to see him on his actual birthday. He decided he wanted steak for dinner so we took him out to Texas Roadhouse. Jackson even had his first taste of red meat. Yum! Michael got a special birthday wish from the staff and they even had him sit on a saddle! He was a good sport. It was quite funny. He also got his braces off earlier that day so he was all smiles!! YEE HAW!

After we got home, my mom brought out Michael's old baby slide for Jackson to play on. I'm so glad she hung onto it all these years. He loved it immediately. It took him about 10 tries before he understood how to climb up and sit with his feet in front of him. He probably went down 50 times! Needless to say, he slept very well that night.

On Friday, we got a chance to visit with my Great Aunt Ledema. She drove in from Springfield to catch a flight to Denver to see her daughter. We brought lunch over to my Nana's house. Jackson slept through lunch in his car seat. I couldn't believe it. We had a wonderful time chatting and playing with Jackson once he woke up. And now that Jackson is tall enough, he had his first measurement added to Nana's growth chart! It will be fun to watch him grow compared to all the cousins in our family.

On Saturday, we went to my dad's house for lots of birthday celebrations. Since we were unable to celebrate Fall birthdays, we had 5 at once. Jackson's 1st, Michael's 16th, Chris, Teri and my Grandmother. There was lots of cake! My dad grilled chicken and Teri made baked asparagus. I always try asparagus because everyone else likes it so much and this was the first time I actually liked it. Maybe I should get the recipe. Usually, my serving ends up on Chris' plate. After dinner, we opened presents. Jackson got a lot of great toys including more awesome books to add to his collection, a corn popper, a chatter phone, the Leap Frog Discovery House, and some Tospy Tumblers, just to name a few! This boy is not lacking in the toy department, that's for sure!

We had such a fun weekend in BA celebrating birthdays and catching up with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment