Friday, March 11, 2011

Four Months

Boy howdy do I believe in the fourth trimester!  Jackson has changed SO much in the last 4 weeks.  It's like he's a totally different baby.  There have been so many "firsts" in the last month and he has grown so much too.  He is smiling like crazy; I love it.  I love that I can walk over to him and say hello and smile and he will shoot me back the sweetest smile in the world.  I think he'll end up being pretty shy, like his daddy.  When we put him in front of a mirror or show him the picture of himself hanging in the living room, he'll smile and turn his head into us all shy like.  It's so cute!  We also got our first laugh out of him on 3/3.  He had been trying to giggle but never really commited, then finally I got a really good one out of him.  A few seconds later he giggled again completely unprovoked.  I absoultely love his giggle and it makes me laugh every time he does it.  We still haven't gotten it on video so we need to get going on that.

The past month he started rolling from his back to his tummy.  That was his Valentine's Day present to me and I joyfully accept!  It's pretty funny when he rolls over he gets "stuck" because he can't remember how to get back over to back.  So he'll squeal for help!  He does really well during tummy time to hold his head up high.  Most mornings while I am making breakfast, he will get on his belly and just hang out looking around.  I'm sure he likes the different view.  He also holds his head up so well when he's being held.  I remember the days where I thought he would never be able to hold up his head!!  I finally have the use of 1 hand again since I don't have to use both to hold him anymore.  Don't get me wrong, he's still wobbly but he does a pretty good job to stay straight up on his own.

The latest trick he has in his arsenal is being able to hold onto toys.  This has just happened in the last week.  And of course they go straight to his mouth the second he grabs ahold of them.  It's so exciting to watch his developments.  He is very strong and learning that his arms and legs can do so much for him!

I can't wait to see what happens this month considering all the things he's accomplished the last month alone.  He's a sweet boy and growing bigger everyday.

Weight: 14 lbs, 15 oz (39th percentile)
Length: 24.5 inches (22nd percentile)
Head: 16 inches (21st percentile)

Happy 4 Months Jackson!



No comments:

Post a Comment